Saturday, January 15, 2022





I sit outside

The wind chills me

Clouds slowly fly by

Peeking at me between swaying trees

I notice some little white and pink flowers

Their beauty smiles 

A dog barks in the distance

Perhaps chasing an escaping squirrel

A boy on a mini bike rushes down the road

The dog barks louder

The world is in motion

It lives, it gives

I sit outside

Quietly being, witnessing

While my silence screams

THANK YOU!



Sherry at Earthweel.com. asks us to focus on gratitude in spite of the difficulties this world is enduring. I do think it is always the perfect time to appreciate life and beauty.

(I'm responding to last week's prompt very late. Been having all sorts of technical difficulties.) 

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see your beautiful words Myrna...happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude is a gift which keeps giving. And giving. Thanks for this beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna, I am so happy you wrote about gratitude. Thank you. When I clicked your link it somehow took you to my site? Not sure why......check it out and see..........you will see from my poem this has been a bit of a worrisome day in my part of the world, but thankfully all is well. So many climate crises in BC of late. It is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete