Wednesday, March 22, 2017

THE LAST MIRROR

This is a page from a picture book I recently published, Kid Marble Meets Lisa
It inspired this poem.





Someday you'll see
Your reflection's stare
So luminous, you'll get scarred
As a mirror reveals
Facts you'd rather conceal

In truth immersed
You won't deny 
that some offenses you've dispersed
To people, animals, the entire Universe

But when that mirror shines
Deeper inside
Places you cannot hide
You'll feel a pure, genuine pride
Because you accomplished your life's quest
To do your best

That mirror will be so vast
You'll see all
Your present, your past
You'll see that you are
A person beautiful,  now free
Then you'll exclaim with glee
"Wow!  I really like Me."




(For Poets United.)

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book Myrna.You deserve to be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely exquisitely penned, Myrna❤️ especially love; "But when that mirror shines deeper inside, places you cannot hide, you'll feel a pure, genuine pride because you accomplished your life's quest. To do your best." Beautifully penned. Congratulations on your book ❤️ I am so happy for you! xo


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations on the book front.
    I am intrigued by your mirror. I avoid them if I can, but would like to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in hope, LOL. I always joke to my sister that after living my life, I am too tired to do a life review at the end. She replied, "St Peter will probably say 'Never mind. Just come right in." LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Myrna. this was uplifting and sweetly done. thanks for the comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a Happy and joyous reflection...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. I truly would like to see when all that I am is shown in the mirror the mirror will look favorably on me & know that I tried my hardest - always! Really a thought-provoking poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the journey I suppose, to be comfortable with oneself, one's reflection in the mirror...nicely said!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to accept all we are, but to get to the good stuff, we've got to shuffle through some of the rest for sure--and accept that too.. Pretty cool drawing and great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a great and profound moment when the mirror shines inside...
    congrats on your book Myrna...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful Myrna. For any age the expanse of a mirror that shows us our value is welcome

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's so uplifting...profound!

    ReplyDelete