My new friend Nikky (Nikky's Strength and Weakness), nominated me for this Sunshine Award. It requires that I answer ten questions and today I am grateful on two levels to Nikky. One-because she thought of me. Two-because I was at a loss for something to write about and now I can respond to the query. I am doing so in prose, rather than straightforwardly (my answers are in bold). Hope that's okay. Thank you so much Nikky.
luscious, fertile soil birthing sacred array of flowers emitting ethereal perfumed transfusion.
I breathe, drinking waters of delight nourishing my senses and spirit so I can do
the things I love. In the quietness of space unlimited I write, I read, I lick chocolate dripping
from candied spoons.
Sitting near the brook, whose babbling reveals a map of genealogy where my ancestors dwell,
I confide in bygone mothers and fathers who created roots for my existence. I exploit their wisdom,
teaching me to overcome the greatest challenge of my being - pain of separation, so essential
to the core of all living.
Their ghostly voices happily extol that for which I'm proudest of all -
that I raised my one child well, to respond to life with love and openness
to its unique surprises.
Since in fantasy there's freedom, in liberty I talk to leaders of inexplicable things,
like terror, war and drug cartels. I listen, to understand their reasons for destroying humanity
instead of contributing to a Humane Society, honoring creatures on this planet
and someday, even beyond.
When my imagination brings me back, now at this point in time, sighing I acknowledge
gladness for those fantasies, that became real. And though I know others will remain
in the grey matter of my brain, I whisper a secret wish of hope, that my mind
will always remain clear, and allow me to pursue and find whatever art
my soul conceals
These are the rules and questions of the award:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog (see flower photo above).
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 or 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
1. What are your favorite things to do?
2. Where would you most like to travel to?
3. Who would you most like to meet who is still living?
4. Who would you most like to meet who has passed away? .
5. What do you think is the hardest thing to do?
6. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? .
7. What is your favorite charity?
8. What are you proud of?
9. What ambition do you still have?
10. What is your favorite flower?
I'd like to pay forward the compliment and nominate some of my favorite bloggers. I know many of you choose not to engage in award activities and that's fine. I use this opportunity to honor and thank you for bringing so much sunshine into my life.
1. Waystation One - Beautiful, outstanding poetry full of social commentary, humor and observations of life.
2. Jaywalking the Moon - Magical, whimsical, often sensual weaving of poetic words that entice our imaginations.
3. The Good, The Bad, The Worse - Humorous, at times hilarious accounts about the life and exploits of a woman with a heart of gold.
4. Becky Povich, Writer Searching for Bliss - Encouraging glimpses of life and anything happening in the world of writers.
5. Meanderings and Reflections - Insightful ruminations that question things we may sometimes not consider.
6. Comfort Spiral - Like a visit to Hawaii. The photos, quotations and writings are always inspirational.
7. Everyday Gyaan - Warm, inspiring, soul searching discussions and observations of human behavior.
8. Thoughts of Beauty in the Stillness of Dawn - Love, Love, Love is the only topic poetically explored in a myriad of creative and, of course, loving ways.
9. Shine The Divive: Creativity Is a Spiritual Practice - Multidimensional inspiration from art, poetry, narrative and more.
10. Writing in Faith - Diversity of thought in narrative and poetry, beautiful photographic art and informative book reviews.