Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A friend of mine assures me it's all about blocked energy, perhaps karmic stuff from another lifetime.

The neurologist said it was probably a pinched nerve, too deep to do anything about. (At least that's what I think he said.)


My Christian friend is certain God is not punitive and if I have enough faith, healing will occur.


The orthopedic doctor says there's nothing too wrong with my knee, just arthritis, a tiny bone spur. "Take ibuprofen," he says.


The chiropractor has no doubt the pain stems from a joint in my lower back. Take care of that and the pain will disappear.


I say they may all be right. But the pain has remained persistent for almost six years. It began when I knew my mother would have to come live with me and my life would change dramatically. Will it leave when she does?

*********

This is an awful illustration of my chiropractor's slip of the hand on some electrode gadget he attached to my back.


***********************************************************************************************


I've been gone a few days. Glad to be back. Sorry I have nothing more meaningful to post but know that I send you my best thoughts and appreciate your visit here.

7 comments:

  1. Take the ib and I'll pray for you. I am a little hesitant about chiropractors. Actually, doing a little bit with weights might help the knee. I'm so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! glad to hear you are feeling better! so was it the slip of the electric gadget that did it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think much more illness than we think is of psychological nature - you're asking a provocative question myrna but i think it's good you ask these kind of questions..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me smiling--and remembering why I choose to live rather than go anywhere near doctors.

    Breathe. Relax. We are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, this is a pretty deep post!


    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting post. Just recently there was a documentary here about how our mind and our mental health can influence our body. I have myself been suffering from very odd ailments about ten years back, when I felt very stressed and went through difficult time in my life. These conditions were severe and terrible and as soon as I started to feel better mentally, they vanished just as quickly as they came.
    Glad you are back again and I think this was actually a great read.;)
    Have a lovely rest of the week,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you now?

    The label on my Bath and Body Works lotion says, "For best results, breathe deeply." I find that to be the best advice.

    ReplyDelete