Friday, September 18, 2020

MY BIOGRAPHICAL LOVE STORY



I grew up in an inner city jungle 
Where poverty's wilderness was muddy thick
Hard to run through without getting stuck 
Or see light beyond its grey shady canopy 
I flew out through a narrow concrete crack
Discovered that nature is wildly alive 
Like you
Like me
Each other's reflection
Conglomeration of
Order - chaos
Growth - destruction
Reason - insanity
Love - hate
Life - death
I saw myself become
Green then a rainbow
Naturally fused
I am nature
Nature is me
Our bond 
Superbly strong
Like a weed





For Earthwheel.


8 comments:

  1. Powerful and beautiful.
    I am always awed at your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Nature being wildly alive....the bond so strong, like a weed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myrna, Turns out I could connect easily to your site through my Wordress Reader but not through the Earthweal link - strange. I love your poem. The idea of escaping through a crack in the concrete really appeals to me. I feel at home in nature too. Suzanne of Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your biographiocal love story, Myrna, which I can identify with – I grew up in South London in ‘poverty's wilderness’, ‘Discovered that nature is wildly alive’ and am now happy being a green weed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent poetry filled with contrast which is the reality of life. Some wildflowers are considered weeds but, they hold beauty and have strong roots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you set up the opposites in nature and in ourselves: pleased you managed to escape the city jungle and find a new kind of wilderness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I flew out through a narrow concrete crack"
    Great line, Myrna, lovely poem...JIM

    ReplyDelete