Sunday, November 25, 2018

RANDOM








(My mind has been rather blank lately.  Haven't been able to squeeze a poem from it's cloudy recesses.  I extracted these lines from some longer entries in my journal.)    





Memories fade the way sunlight becomes shadow at dusk.
How else to keep track of moments that slide
From nowhere to nowhere
Into the vastness called time.

*


Life goes on.
Or is it death that grows into itself?
As it drags us through
All the big and little crevices of reality
To surprise us.

*

Do we choose to live fully
Or live like death asleep
Or bounce between life and death
Like a ball thrown
Between space and gravity.

*

We're all a little like dice.
We can't call our number
Till life stops rolling.

*



THIS WORLD -

My silent prayer is pregnant 
With wishes wanting to be born,
Manifested in love and joy.
Can one prayer address all
Goodness I'd like to see in it?


*

I wish, I pray, I dream 
That my naïveté is not a waste,
That it balances with light
This perverse darkness.

*

Insanity is a big or tiny part of us all.





18 comments:

  1. I can really feel this as well... every day just flees, and I wonder how much we can really gather... memories is what we should be saving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are profound thoughts, Myrna. And by the way, I love your journal! I especially like the moments that slide from nowhere to nowhere.....and the prayer that hopes to address all the goodness you wish to see. So much to pray for now that prayer feels all-encompassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal gave you some wonderful poetic thoughts to ponder. Mega thanks.
    And yes, insanity is most certainly a part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life goes on. Or is it death that grows into itself?".. This is so incredibly deep and philosophical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the end, all I wanted to say was Amen and then return to the beginning to read these lines again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Myrna these are stunningly prophetic and beautiful in thought! Such wisdom each is a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Journals are treasure troves of starters for poems, or for found poems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful!

    I do that too, when blocked: mine my journals. In fact am planning to do so again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much truth in these vignettes for me--I am coming out of a dry spell right now and squeezing poetry out has been difficult. You make it look easy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such vivid thoughts beautifully written..especially Or is it death that grows into itself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Contemplative, reflective lines that, I believe, would resonate with many. Journalling and/or writing down random lines, can take our poetry is new - and nuanced - directions. You make the case for that process, splendidly, in this post, Myrna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These snippets have an underlying wisdom resulting from life experiences which make them so special — the introspective nature of them reminds us of our own humanity and therefore our mortality and all the concerns that we carry with us.
    "Or bounce between life and death/Like a ball thrown/Between space and gravity": It certainly feels like that. Ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have good reason to pen thoughts like this. Disaster seems to be staring at us in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is wonderful. your journal has some very memorable lines. really, very much to ponder upon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that ending about the rolling dice. This really resonated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We all ponder the meaning of life.We are luckly to have time to ponder anything at all in this accelerated fast lane life. We are expected to do too much in a day.It was more sane when it was more simple.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the structure of this piece, and how it came to be. The fourth part, in particular, will stay with me for a while--such a vivid truth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems like your journal is full of wonderful lines

    ReplyDelete